Chapter Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Warwick Merry: Mastering Visual Presentations
Saturday, March 12, 2022, 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
Warwick Merry, CSP, CVP -
Mastering Visual Presentations: 5 Keys to Engaging, Energizing & Enjoying Your Events
Online and Hybrid events are a key part of the future of speakers. They have so many benefits for us AND our participants. So how can we make sure that our participants are actually enjoying themselves, learning something and participating? How can we be sure that our sessions have moved from “just another Zoom session” to a fully engaging, interactive and worthwhile event? That is what this workshop is about.
Key objectives are to understand:
- the key differences between face-to-face, virtual and varieties of hybrid presentation delivery
- what makes a good virtual presentation and how to deliver it confidently
- how to play to your strengths as a facilitator (e.g. use of humour) and accommodate different adult learning styles
- how to overcome Zoom fatigue for facilitators and attendees
- how to create an inclusive environment which keeps you and your attendees focused (including hybrid delivery)
- how to master equipment, visual aids and tools to enhance delivery and engage your audience (e.g. break-out rooms, polling, whiteboard, chat)
- how to use the technology to facilitate learning and not just for the sake of the technology
- how to engage your delegates and not just interact with them
- the techniques for bringing energy to the virtual and hybrid environments
- the art of persuasion and how to call your audience to action
- how to recover like a pro when things don’t go to plan (e.g. IT, challenging group dynamics)
- how to facilitate Q&A so you stay on track